Theme--Jesus & The Children
Read and talk about the Bible story daily.
Jesus Loves Me, page 195
* Try these All About Me ideas from Preschool by Stormie.
* Choose one or more Jesus Loves the Children activities from MSSS Crafts.
* Sing Jesus Loves the Little Children from Sermons 4 Kids.
Gross Motor -- Tumbling
* Show the children how to turn a somersault.
* Set up a "Somersault Road" by lining up pillows and/or couch cushions in a row. Have the children take turns somersaulting down the road.
Math -- Review 1-10
* Try some of these Number Activities from Preschool by Stormie.
* Make a Number Chart: Have each child put the corresponding amount of stickers next to it's number.
* Make a Penny Book: Do a crayon rubbing of pennies on a page with it's corresponding number.
Science -- Body Parts
* Play with Mr. Potato Head and talk about the body parts as you use them.
* Sing Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes, Do Your Ears Hang Low?, The Elephant Goes, and Open, Shut Them.
* Try some of these Body Awareness activities from Preschool by Stormie.
Color -- White
* Draw with white chalk on dark paper.
* Make a White Collage gluing on bits of white lace, ribbon, fabric, etc.
* Squirt some shaving cream on the table or sliding glass door for the children to play with.
Letters -- S, T
* "S" words to build on: star stickers, squares, sunflower seeds, string, straws, stamps, spools, spoons, shells, scoops, sun, socks, sand.
* "T" words to build on: triangle, tooth, truck, tie, tail, TP tubes, tins, toys, toothpicks, tape.
* Make a capital S with white glue and sprinkle with sand.
* Letter of the Week: S, T.
* Here's a "T" idea from my friend, Tamie:
I had a brainstorm. First I printed up some giant Ts. I gave the kids some masking tape to make upper and lower case Tts. Then I gave them pieces of tape that they were able to shape any which way they wished. The preschoolers' sculptures didn't look like anything more than a wad of tape. The older school kids enjoyed making snakes, toads and other creatures.
The only thing I had to do was tear pieces of tape as fast as I could and hand it out. I would not have had to help the older kids with tape if I had more roles.
You can buy masking tape for near nothing at the dollar store.
* Links to more ideas are on my Alphabet Links Page.
Shape -- Review All Shapes
* Make a "Shape Mobile" by cutting shapes out of construction paper, tape different lengths of yarn to each shape, then tape to a wire hanger (careful to distribute the weight).
* Make a Shape Collage.
Bible -- Jesus said, "Let the children come to me." Matt. 19:14
* Print the Bible words, "God would keep his promise." Hebrews 11:11, on rainbow color sheets and other crafts. Repeat the words out loud as much as possible.
* Choose a few activities from Preschool Activities/Memorizing Scripture through Activities from CalvaryCurriculum.com.
Please take a moment to read Pamm's House Site Disclaimer. Thanks!Back to Themes Page.
Sign my Guestbook
View us on YouTube.
Site now closed.
Arrow graphics by Animation Station.
© Copyright Since 2001 ♥ Pamm Clark ♥ All Rights Reserved
All praise and glory go to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Apart from Him, I could do nothing. (John 15:5)