Theme: David for King; David & Goliath (1 Samuel 16, 17)
Gross Motor: Exercising
Social Science: Royalty
Letters: K, L
Bible: "The Lord looks on the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7
Theme -- David for King; David & Goliath
Big Heart, Little Boy, page 76
I'm Not Afraid, page 81
* Choose some activities from David Bible Crafts and Activities. .
* Choose some activities from David and Jonathan, David and Goliath, or King David from Mission Arlington.
* Teach all or some of this David and Goliath Lesson.
* Line up empty 2-liter soda bottles or baby bottles and use a ball to make a bowling game. Read the David and Goliath story and talked about how David "knocked that giant down" because he had faith and trusted in God. After the story, give each child five turns (representing the 5 shiny stones David picked) rolling the ball to knock down the bottles.
* Do "Marble Painting" with five stones.
* Watch Veggie Tales' Dave and the Giant Pickle:
Gross Motor -- Exercising
* Check out an exercise video from the library and have the children try to work out with it (have fun, don't expect everyone to be able to keep up with it.)
* Try different exercises indoors and outdoors.
* Move to music--either exercises or free dance.
* Try this "Veggie Workout" from A B C Home Preschool.
* Here's an excellent article on Preschool Exercise.
Math -- 7
* Clap 7 times, hop 7 times, jump 7 times, march 7 steps, etc.
* Put 7 stickers to a piece of contsturction paper.
* Print out Number Seven Buddy
Social Science -- Royalty
* Choose one or more activities and crafts from this Castle Unit.
* Choose art, games, songs, etc. from Perpetual Preschool.
* There are lots of ideas at Everything Preschool.
Color -- Green
* Make a Green Collage using bits of green tissue paper, green fun foam, green yarn, green stickers, green with red crayons and markers, etc.
* Have a "Green Day": Everyone wear green, serve graham crackers with green frosting, eat broccoli, lettuce, green beans, etc.
* Sing some songs about green from Preschool Education.
Letters -- K, L
* "K" words to build on: keys, kites, king . . .
* "L" words to build on: lace, lion, log, leaves, lamb, lids, ladybug . . .
* Links to more ideas are on my Alphabet Links Page.
Shape -- Review
* Make a "Shape Mobile" by cutting shapes out of construction paper, tape different legnths of yarn to each shape, then tape to a wire hanger (careful to distribute the weight).
* Make a Shape Collage.
Bible--"The Lord looks on the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7
* Print the Bible words, "The Lord looks on the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7, on art work, color sheets, etc. Repeat the words out loud as much as possible.
* Choose a few activities from Preschool Activities/Memorizing Scripture through Activities from CalvaryCurriculum.com.
Please take a moment to read Pamm's House Site Disclaimer. Thanks!
View us on YouTube.
Graphics by Mommys Graphics (now closed)
Arrow graphics by Animation Station.
© Copyright Since 2001 ♥ Pamm Clark ♥ All Rights Reserved
All praise and glory go to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Apart from Him, I could do nothing. (John 15:5)