Theme: Queen Esther (Esther 2-8)
Gross Motor: Water Play
Letters: X, Y, Z
Bible: "Do kind deeds." 3 John 11
Theme -- Queen Esther
Read and talk about the Bible story daily.
Queen Esther, page 111
* Teach this Esther Trusts God lesson from Consider Your Call.
* Choose one or more of these crafts at Danielle's Place.
* Esther coloring pages at All About Coloring.
Gross Motor -- Water Play
* Give the children buckets (the sand buckets work great) half full of water and paint brushes. Let them "paint" on the porch, the house, outdoor toys, etc.
* If you do not regularly have water play, consider a "Summer Splash Day" in which the children will be allowed to bring their swim suits and to play in the sprinklers or wading pool.
* Try one or more activities from Preschool Rainbow.
Math -- Matching
* Play the preschool game, Memory.
* Try one or more activities from Montessori Mom.
Science -- Water
* Fill your sensory table (or dish pan) half full of water. Provide measuring cups, measuring spoons, kitchen gadgets, etc. for the children to experiment with. This makes a great outdoor activity on a warm day.
* There are some great water activities at Reach Out Michigan.
Color -- Purple
* Make a collage of black items: scraps of paper, fabric, yarn, etc.
* Here is a cute way for little ones to remember color names and spellings!
Sung to the tune of "jingle bells":
Purple, purple, purple.
Grapes and plums,
Jack Hornerīs thumb.
All are shades of purple.
Letters -- X, Y, Z
* "X" words to build on: x-rays, X-box, X marks the spot, extra Xs.
* "Y" words to build on: yellow, yo-yo, yak, yarn, yard, yardsticks, yogurt.
* "Z" words to build on: zoo, zig-zag, zippers, zebra.
* Links to more ideas are on my Alphabet Links Page.
* You may want to review all letters. Here's a cute song for that:
My ABC Bible song
A is for Adam the first one God made
B is for Bethlehem where Jesus lay in the hay
C is for commandments the ten that God gave
I read the Bible each and everyday
D is for Daniel in the lions den
E is for Exodus when the people fled
F is the frankincense a gift from the wise men
I read the Bible before I go to bed
G is for Gabriel an angel sent from God
H is for heaven where the angels trod
I is for Isaac Abrahams dear son
I read the Bible a book for everyone
J is for Jesus he prayed "thy be done"
K is for kingdom we say "kingdom come"
L is for Lazarus,the friend that Jesus loved
I read the Bible it comes from God above
M is for Mary the mother of our Lord
N is for numbers Old Testament book four
O is for oil on Sauls head it was poured
I read the Bible I love it more and more
P is for Peter disciple and good friend
Q is for the Queen ,who went to Solomon
R is for Rainbow Gods promise to all men
I read the Bible from beginning to end
S is for Solomon the wisest of all kings
T is for Thomas the one who didnt believe
U is for unleavened-bread without yeast
I read the Bible;I read it faithfully.
V is for vow a promise that you keep
W for the wedding where Christ made wine to drink
X is for Xerxes the famous persian King
I read the Bible Gods word is everything.
Y is for the young ones Jesus loves them so
Z is for Zacheus who lived in Jericho
These are the words that were written long ago
I read the Bible the greatest book I know.
Shape -- Diamond
* Here's a Danny Diamond Shapes Buddy from DLTK Kids.
* Make a kite out of diamond shapes.
Bible -- "Do kind deeds." 3 John 11
* Print the Bible words, "Do kind deeds." 3 John 11, on color sheets and other crafts. Repeat the words out loud as much as possible.
Please take a moment to read Pamm's House Site Disclaimer. Thanks!
All praise and glory go to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Apart from Him, I could do nothing. (John 15:5)